The summer Strength and Conditioning Camp is geared towards students entering 7th through 9thth grade and is designed to help them understand the basic fundamentals of training. Areas of focus include movement efficiency, relative strength, coordination, balance, endurance and flexibility. The Camp will provide a training foundation for those who choose to pursue more advanced programming within our Athlete Development Program at US Athletics.
Our ultimate goal is to provide our campers the knowledge and confidence to develop their bodies through a safe, dynamic and fun experience as we expose them to a variety of environments and exercises concepts.
Program Components Include:
- Mental Conditioning: Develop confidence, concentration and composure
- Physical Development: Improve mobility, strength, coordination and reaction
- Nutrition: Learn optimal everyday nutrition habits for improved performance
- Injury Prevention: Learn corrective exercise and recovery techniques
- Leadership: Personal presence, accountability, leadership skills
Our Camp Director, Carlo Alvarez M.Ed., CSCS, has worked as a Strength and Conditioning Coach and Director of Sport Performance at the high school, college and professional levels, including stops at St. Xavier High School, University of Notre Dame, Cincinnati Reds, Pittsburgh Pirates and Cleveland Indians.